Monday, December 8, 2008

The HUGE Compromise...





For those of you who know me, know that I am not an animal lover at all. You would also be very surprised to know that we now own a cute little puppy named Pixie! Joshs cousins breed american bulldogs. They asked us if we would co-own this female puppy with them. Co-owning means that we have the dog live with us and we take care of her , but they help do all the training with her and they teach us what to do. We help to get her ready to go to the dog shows where she has to make champion within the first year. Then when she is almost two years old, she can start to have babies. Then when pixie has puppies, they take the puppies and sell them and we split the profit. Josh has wanted a dog forever, but I would never agree to it. When pixie came along, I couldn't believe that I was actually considering it, and yes it took me weeks to decide. Pixie comes with benefits that most dogs don't come with so I figured if we were ever going to get a dog, this would have to be the one. So we did it. Ya know, she is actually growing on me. She is really cute and very well behaved. She has been great. Who knew that somewhere in my heart a puppy could find a place? Within the next two months she will double in size, so she won't look like a puppy for long. I have never had a pet growing up except for a stray cat we took in named sammy. We hardly ever saw him. I definitly have never been used to having an animal and I actually have had a fear of dogs for a while. So, she is really good for our family. I just wanted to introduce her to ya all out there and let you know whats been going on in our family.

4 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Fun, but I won't be telling my boys. Fortunately, neither Spencer or I are big pet people. BUT Pixie is cute.

Harris Family said...

Steph- I haven't blogged forever- I love your updates. congrats on the dog and black belt and tooth falling out. The dog is cute. we need to come meet her. I love your christmas design on your blog too.
luv ape

Emily said...

Stephanie, I love your blog! Your kids are getting so big and they're so cute. I hardly know little Haylee, she was just a baby the last I saw her. I'm sad I didn't see them when I came to visit in September. Congrats on another girl--I wonder what she'll look like, since Rachel and Haylee are so different. And way to go Josh for getting his black belt. That's quite the accomplishment. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Melanie said...

Brave.....very brave.